ShannonBowe.com (owned by DIY Personal Training Services, LLC.) is committed to respecting and protecting your online privacy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, such as Stripe or PayPal, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the date/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Images: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Log-In: If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Edit or Publish: If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To process payment for purchases you make through the Website; Stripe or Paypal;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Websites currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Stripe or PayPal – this service is used to serve our ecommerce platform. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order fulfillment.
- To be determined – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email address or other personal information without your consent; however, me may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, but the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Affiliate Program Participation – The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
ShannonBowe.com is an affiliate of Beachbody.com. As part of this program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Beachbody, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters send may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third-parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future emails by following the unsubsribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com
Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Last updated: 10/23/2019
On the Website, you may purchase digital products (“Digital Products”), such as courses, online coaching sessions, downloadable materials and ebooks.
Refunds are not available for Digital Products.
LICENSE FOR USE OF DIGITAL PRODUCTS
All Digital Products available for sale on the Website were developed solely for your personal use and may not be reproduced for publication or for the personal or commercial use of others without permission.
Fitness, Nutrition, Change, Challenge Group, Online (“Virtual”) Coaching
From time to time, the Website may engage in affiliate marketing. This means that if you use an affiliate link to make a purchase, the Website will receive a commission on that purchase. All efforts are made to ensure that affiliate links are disclosed in accordance with the FTC.
From time to time, the Website may post sponsored content from an advertiser. This means that an advertiser, which may be a brand, agency, or influencer network, will contract with DIY Fitness to create content featuring certain messages or product placement. Pursuant to the FTC’s requirements, all such advertisements on the Website are clearly and conspicuously disclosed.
Even though compensation (i.e. cash, product, or services) is received for in exchange for this sponsored content placement, DIY Fitness gives its honest opinion, findings, beliefs, or experiences in such content. All views expressed on the Website are those of the content creator. Any product claim, statistic, quotes or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
DIY Fitness has made every effort to ensure that all information on the Website has been tested for accuracy. DIY Fitness makes no guarantees regarding the results that you will see from using the information provided on the Website.
Shannon Bowe is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, Precision Nutrition Level 1 Coach, Girls Gone Strong Pre & Postnatal Coach, NASM Women’s Fitness Specialist, NASM Behavior Change Specialist, and Fitness Coach, Nutrition Coach, Change Coach.
All information on the Website is for informational purposes only and is not a replacement for medical advice from a physician, physical therapist, dietitian, nutritionist, pelvic health therapist, or any other medical provider. Please consult with a professional if you suspect any medical or mental health issues. The information on the Website does not replace the relationships between client and medical or mental health professional. The information provided on the Website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied.
Do not rely on the information on the Website as an alternative to advice from your medical professional or therapist. you should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment as a result of any information provided on the Website. All information on the Website. All information on the Website is for informational purposes only.
The Website was developed strictly for informational purposes. You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your use of the information provided on the Website. DIY Fitness makes no representations, warranties or guarantees. You understand that results may vary from person to person. DIY Fitness assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in the Website.
DIY Fitness makes no warranties regarding confidentiality for information submitted to the Website. If you choose to comment on the Website, on a social media account linked to the Website, or via the contact form on the Website, your confidentiality cannot be maintained. There is no expectation of confidentiality, even if you state, please keep this confidential.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
Unless otherwise stated, DIY Fitness owns the intellectual property and rights to all content and material on the Website. Subject to the license below, all intellectual property rights are reserved.
The following uses are not permitted:
- Republication of content from the Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for republication;
- Sale, rental or sub-license of any content from the Website;
- Reproduction or duplication of any content on the Website for commercial purposes;
- Modification of any content on this website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for modification;
- Redistribution of content of the Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for redistribution. Users are permitted to share content on social media channels, as long as a link to the Website is included.
From time to time, the Website will utilize various plugins or widgets to allow sharing of content via social media channels, email or other methods. Use of these plugins or widgets does not constitute any waiver of DIY Fitness intellectual property rights. Such use is a limited license to republish the content on the approved social media channels, with full credit to DIY Fitness.
You must not use the Website in a way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impair the availability of access to the Website. You must not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Website, except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law. You must not use the Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material that consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit and/or other harmful code or malicious software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities, including, but not limited to scraping, data mining, data extraction, or data harvesting on or in relation to the Website without DIY Fitness’ express written permission.
You must not use the Website to transmit or send any unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use the Website for any third-party marketing without DIY Fitness’s express written permission.
Unless otherwise noted, the design, content and all components of the Website are copyrights owned by DIY Fitness or third parties ans are protected by United States and international copyright laws and should not be reused or republished without express written permission.
DIY Fitness’ trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connections with any product or service that is not DIY Fitness’, in any manner likely to cause confusion among consumers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Shannon Bowe or DIY Fitness Personal Training Services, LLC.
From time to time, the Website will legally utilize trademarks owned by third parties related to DIY Fitness’ services. These trademarks are the respective property of their owners.
GRANT OF RIGHTS
You grant DIY Fitness a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute any content you contribute to the Website. This includes, but is not limited to, text, images, audio material, comments, video material, and audio-visual material. This license extends to all known and future media. You also grant DIY Fitness the right to sub-license these rights and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
CONTENT CONTRIBUTED TO THE WEBSITE
Any content you contribute to the site, including, but not limited to text, images, audio material, comments, video material and audio-visual material, must not be illegal or unlawful, may not infringe on any third-party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or DIY Fitness or any third party.
DIY Fitness reserves the right to edit or removee: (i) any material submitted to the Website; (ii) stored on DIY Fitness’ serves; or, (iii) hosted or published on the Website. DIY Fitness takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
From time to time, the Website will publish posts with images from other third-party websites. Any such use is intended considered fair use under copyright laws and is fully attributed to the owner. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used on the Website in a way that constitutes copyrighted work has been used on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and falls outside of fair use, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the image within 24-48 hours.
If you send DIY Fitness an email, register to use the Website or provide your email to DIY Fitness in any other way, you consent to receive communications from DIY Fitness electronically. You agree that all legal notices provided via electronic means from DIY Fitness satisfy any requirement for written notice.
Prior to engaging in any events or commercial transactions with any third parties discovered through or linked on the Website, you must complete any necessary investigation or due diligence. If there is a dispute for any events or commercial transactions with a third party discovered through or linked on the Website, you expressly hold DIY Fitness harmless from any and all liability in any dispute.
The Websites are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or warranties, expressed or implied. DIY Fitness makes no representations or warranties in relation to the Website or the information and materials provided therein.
DIY Fitness makes no warranty the Website will meet your requirements; will be available uninterrupted; timely and free of viruses or bugs; or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Website. DIY Fitness is not responsible to you for the loss of any content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website. The Website is written in English and makes no warranty regarding translation or interpretation of content in any language.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
DIY Fitness will not be liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any kind, however caused, including loss of profits, revenue, data or use, incurred by you, whether under theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or otherwise, even if the other party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.